Friday, December 12, 2014

My Father is Going to be a Great Grandfather.

My family's mood is lightened these couple weeks because we have this cute little guest in our home. She is called Dinda and is one of my cousin from my aunty. Her existence is changing our mood obviously, especially my father's. Yes, his mood is extremely turning to good because now he has a new 'toy' (according to what he said to my aunt couple days ago)



There is some habits that have changed since Dinda was here with us.
1. My Father ACCOMPANY my Mom buying Dinda's breakfast at Pasar (Indonesian traditional market). Just to let you know, he never have done this before in his entire life. Jegeeeeer! Pecah telor, this is the first time for him! I am surprised!

2. He talks and asks Dinda all the time although he knows Dinda can't answer those questions. For example, "Dinda, mau minum susu ga?", "Iya, papa solat dulu ya, mau solat dulu.", "Dinda mau apa? hemm? mau apa?"

3. His overprotective shows obviously. Since Dinda was here with us, he has acted like he would lose Dinda for a long time. When weekdays is over, usually her Mom would like to have Dinda back to her house but my father keep telling my aunt's son for not taking Dinda back to hers. At that time, I was thinking about how if he really have his own grandchild? I think, My future child will spend more time in his or her grandfather's house rather in ours. Hahaha..

4. I find that my father is one of the most gentle, loyal and full of tenderness man I've ever known. Last day, after he picked me up from tutoring, he said he'd like to buy pampers for Dinda and couple days ago he just bought a dozen of shirts and pants only for Dinda.

Those changes showed off maybe because he could never done those before to his three children (us). I guess maybe he, long time ago, felt shy to do some skinship or any intimacy between father and child. So when Dinda came, finally he had guts to express his love to babies. I know it's kinda too late but better late than never :))

At least I know, my future child will have a great grand father!




No comments: